Friday, August 13, 2010

Lacking Motivation

I've been a bit under the weather with a head cold and it's really sapped me of all energy and motivation to do my runs. Add to that that it's been a million degrees and the run training has been going really poorly. I really, really, really need to do it as this 13.1 isn't going to run itself. I need to buck up and start applying my WWAD credo (what would Anna do).
I have a sneaking suspicion that running would actually make me feel better and give me more energy but I've been lacking the oompf to get off the couch. In fact, I'm sitting here in my running clothes dressed to go out and decided to procrastinate by writing this up rather than heading out the door. Delicious coffee.
This is one of those times where the differences between Mr. TheyTri and myself are very clear. He'll go and get his workouts in regardless of how he's feeling or weather or general level of tiredness. I, on the other hand, am a big old wuss when it comes to being sick and hot or tired.
Ok. I have to go run. Well, I have to go let the neighbor's dog out and then run. Well, I have to let dog out make my shopping list and then run. Well...oh crap. I'm goin' I'm goin'....

No comments: