Sunday, October 10, 2010

Progress

So, today was the six miler. I was DREADING it. Justly, I think. I barely got through the five last Sunday and woke up this a.m. with a very sore lower-back and I also, maybe, kinda, sorta burnt the crap out of my left hand last night making dinner. I did not have high hopes.
But, we must do what we must do. So I had Mr. TheyTri drive me up to the trail head near our house so that I could run more downhill than uphill and was off. First mile felt like total hell. I was tight and tired and stressing myself out and kept making bargains with myself like "when you get to mile 2 you can take a walk break."
But, i settled down a bit and got into a rhythm. A fairly (for me) speedy one. I got to mile 3 before I took a little 30 second walk break to have a little water. Set off again and was still maintaining an OK pace. Got to the end of the trail and saw Mr. TheyTri and TheyTri doggie waiting for me. Smiled at them and told them I still had 1.75 miles to go so they'd have to meet me further down the trail. I kept plodding along. I had to take a few more 15/20 second walk breaks but am overall pleased that I got through so much of the run actually...well...running!
The best news is that I didn't have any troubles with my calves or feet falling asleep. That's great.
I'm now very tired and need a nap!

No comments: