Monday, January 3, 2011

Almost Time!

Down near the end if my last post I mention in passing that I wasn't feeling well. That was the first link in a month-long chain of health anomalies. I was sick with a terrible cold for about 10 days. Then, just after Christmas, managed to pinch something in my back/neck that turned me into Frankenstein and then I somehow managed to burst a blood vessel in my right eye making it all red. Fortunately all my tribulations are clearing up and I'm healthy got Disney trip!
What I am, however, is under-trained. I lost valuable training time, time I couldn't afford to lose. But, and here's the weird thing, I'm not worried. I know it's going to be harder than it would have been if I'd not gotten sick and if I'd buckled down sooner to up mileage. But, for me anything past the start line is a PR. It may not be the most pleasant morning of my life, but I'll be there with friends and a very supportive Mr. TheyTri and I'll just buck up and do it!
I'm very much looking forward to the trip, despite the race apprehension hanging over me. It is, frankly, why I choose the Disney races. For me, they are events, more than a start and finish line. Because I'm not "competing," it's about the entire experience. We'll be Tweeting from WDW from Thursday on. Stay tuned!




PS, this was thumbed in on my iPhone so hopefully there is nothing www.damnyouautocorrect.com worthy!

No comments: